Tuesday, September 29, 2009

House problems

So, let me fill you all in on my house. Currently, I'm renting it with the intention to buy when my loan finalizes. The owners are really cool about it and are doing me a great favor of letting me rent before I buy. That means that I don't have to move into an apartment for a month, then move into the house. I was stoked about that. So, after the sweet move in with help from the churches, we settled down to the business of making the house into a home. Special thanks have to go out to my mom, dad, and sister for all their help.

Mom helped me get my kitchen in order. (I moved a lot of stuff to different places after you left, mom!) Dad helped me with all the dad stuff, like leaky washser hoses and the like and sister Laura helped with pretty much everything. However, there was one huge problem with the house that my mom and sister discovered while Dad and I were out getting supplies.


My hot water smelled terrible and was pretty much black. Not good. Cold water was fine, but hot water made the whole house smell. Becuase of that, we deduced that there must be something wrong with the hot water heater. (Why not just call it a water heater?) So, we tried our best to flush out the tank by turning the heating unit off and turning the hot water on in the tub. Thus, I wasn't spending money to heat the water, just running it through the hot water tank. As of today, there is is still a smell present, but the color is normal. My first morning in the house, I took a completly cold water shower. This wasn't too bad, since I took hose showers at springhill all the time. Right now, I can use a lot of cold water mixed with just enough hot water to make a lukewarm shower. It's not the best, but it's better than it was and hasn't cost me anything (except water). So if you're praying for me, pray that my hot water won't stink anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment