Tuesday, September 22, 2009

T-minus 4 days and counting

Hello everybody, I've been getting a myriad of questions regarding my new job, so I thought I would save some time and make a blog, so that you guys can stalk me without me knowing it! I'm going to try to make a schedule where I periodically update this blog, but that won't be for a while. Anyway, here are some things I'm sure you're all dying to know.

What is the job? I will technically be labeled as a "youth director". In laymans terms, I will be a youth pastor with a twist. There are three churches in the area who will be combining their youth groups into one. They will still worship separately on sundays, but the youthgroups will be combined into one MEGA YOUTH GROUP!! Current estimatets put youth attendance in the area of 30-35 youth. ("Youth" includes middle and high school students) They have not combined yet, so my job is to make that happen, then continue to grow the youthgroup. Long term goals laid out by the churches indicate that they want to eventually purchase a building outside of the three churches where youthgroup/building ministry can happen.

Where is the job? It's in south central Ohio, in Scioto county. I'll be living in Wheelersburg, OH. The churches are located in Wheelersburg, Sciotoville, and South Webster. The Wheelersburg and Sciotoville churches are within 5 mins of each other, while South Webster is about 15 mins away. Here's a poorly edited map to show you where it is.


What denominations are the churches? All three are United Methodists. While this is a different denomination than I grew up in, I got the impression that these churches were more insterested in studying the Bible than preaching methodism.

Are you renting an apparment? Nope! I'm actually buying a house! Turns out that it's a buyers market and there are alot of things that fell into place to make this happen. I was able to apply for a loan that would pay 100% of my costs with no down-payment. If you've never bought a house, that's really good. I also was able to graduate from college debt free, thanks to my parents/grandparents. Thanks guys! That puts me in with about 4% of students who leave college without debt. That alone makes buying a house alot more feasible. I'll post more info and pictures about the house once I've moved and taken some pics.


How can I contact you? Well, I will be buying a local cell phone, so once I get that, it will be my main phone. I'll post that online later. Also, you can email me at reallytightearmuffs@comcast.net. Finally, you can message me on facebook.


When are you moving? Saturday, the 26th of September, I become an adult. I'll be packing up a Uhaul on Friday the 25th starting at noon (help would be greatly appreciated!), then my family and I will be driving over on Saturday.

So, I've never blogged before, but I assume that you guys are able to post comments on each of my entries. So, if you have any questions, let me know and I 'll try to answer them. I'll keep you posted as things progress.

1 comment:

  1. So while I knew all of this before reading the post, I still read the post. I'll teach you a little saying: A lot of people think a lot is one word, it's not!

    ReplyDelete