Friday, October 29, 2010

Busy weekend

I've got a big weekend coming up. Tonight (friday), we're taking the Jr highers to a haunted corn maze. Tomorrow, we're taking an all day trip to kings island for fear fest. sunday, I have a big youth board meeting where I'll propose a massive change to the youth group!

Luckily, I'm getting better at planning events. I'm still terrible at the whole advertising part, but I'm getting a lot more confident working out the logistics, like drivers, times, cost, etc. We were originally going to take the Jr high with the sr high to fear fest, but the more I thought about it, the worse of an idea it sounded like. With sr high, it's fine to let them group up and split up. With jr high, you gotta watch em like a hawk. I mean, an amusement park is really easy to lose people at. there's also the age element. Some of the jr highers are 11 years old. Keeping them out till midnight+really scary stuff=bad news. Granted, I know some of them can handle it, but I also know some cannot. So, about two weeks before fear fest, we decided to take the jr highers to a haunted corn maze instead.

the more I learn about youth group, the more I find it's important to keep jr and sr high separate. That's the big change I'll be proposing at this youth board meeting on sunday. right now, jr and sr high have combines food and worship. It was a good place to start, but we need to spearate them for many reasons I don't feel like typing out now.

actually, I don't want to talk about work anymore. I'm sure you'd rather hear about my life and stuff. Well, I sold all my ferrets about a month or two ago and I really miss them. they were alot of fun, but they were also a hassle. It's that whole responsibility vs reward. to me, the reward of having the ferrets, which I loved, was not greater than the responsibility. I cleaned the carpet in their room, but it still stinks a little bit. I think I might get an ozone generator and just scrub it clean. I've got a bed for that room, but I want to get the couch out of there first. that couch is gonna smell for the rest of its life, so I need to get rid of it.

My new termpurpedic bed is everything I hoped it would be. you all NEED one. nuff said. also, I still don't have my tax return! The IRS sent me a letter about 2 weeks ago and I got excited cause I thought it was my return! It was a letter saying "we're looking at your information. Expect a reply within 30 days". Ok. Then yesterday, I got another letter from the IRS. I got excited cause I thought it was finally here! It was another letter saying "we're reviewing your information. Expect a reply within 30 days." Swear words! They basically just extended their 30 day period by 2 weeks! Oh well. Patience is a virtue, I guess.

I joined a gym and am averaging one day a week of working out. I'm ok with this. It's important not to set unrealistic expectations. so, i'll steadily work out 1 day a week, then creep up to two days a week. right now, I am swimming. I really like it, cause i've never actually swam for excercise before. It was always recreation. It also is a full body workout with no joint impact. Seems like a win/win for me. I go in the mornings when there are only old people there. It's kinda funny. A bunch of retired people and then me. They also have a sauna, which I am goign to use everytime. I know they burn alot of calories and they make you sweat. That will help keep the clorine out of my body, whatever that means.

Life is good and I'm not lonely!

No comments:

Post a Comment