Saturday, October 10, 2009

1st actual work

Hey everyone, first off, I apologize for the crappy tour videos. I'll make another house tour during daylight hours and I'll use the youth group camera, which is much nicer! So the pastors gave me all of last week to get moved in. This week, I had to plan the first youth group meeting. It's going to be pretty simple, but the message should be really good. I'm basically goign to spend 30 mins talking about the gospel. I have a whole slew of volunteers who are willing to help me, but I won't need them for this meeting. I'm going to keep things simple and build from there. If you want to know the layout I'm using, it's 3 chunks of 30 mins. I've also convieniently named them all for alliteration's sake.

1.) Fellowship
2.) Fun
3.) Faith

In the fellowship part, we're just going to hang out. I've met alot of the youth, but don't know them very well, so 30 mins of hang out time will be good. I'm going to find some music cds that can play in the background and we'll have some snacks to munch on. We'll probably break out some cards and just play it by ear for this part. It's all about fellowship. Then, we'll get organized and play a game. I have no shortage of games at my disposal, what with my college and camp days under my belt. Plus, I received a whole bunch of activity books from my three churches, so no problem there. Then finally, we'll have our faith building part. Those of you who know me will know that I want to make sure that the teaching is the best attribute of this youth group. Of course, I want to make the kids feel welcome, accepted, and befriended, but I also want to make sure that they know how to get saved and how to follow Jesus more than anything. So, we'll see how things go. Meeting starts at 7:00 pm and I'd appreciate all the prayer I can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment