Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Life assesment

So, I still haven't closed on my house, but I'm almost a home owner. I did a little bit of life assessment. Here's what I found.

1.) Cooking skills-I'm terrible at cooking. Not because I fail at it, I just don't ever try. I'm sure I could be a great cook, but I'm so used to eating food on the go. You know, grabbing a quick bowl of cereal before running out the door. I'm slowly getting better.

2.) Time managment skills-Terrible. I've been playing too many video games and watching too much tv. Right now, my job is not too demanding. Why just this week, I asked my bosses for more work! In the mean time, I feel like I'm wasting my time just like I used to at home/school.

3.) Social skills-I seem to connect with people just fine, when I want to. I probably don't seek out people as much as I should, but when I do have encounters, they go well.

4.) Health-I've gained about 30 pounds since I was 21 years old, with a spike of 10 pounds when I moved to Ohio.

5.) Spiritual life-Bible reading frequency is improving, but could always be better. Prayer life is also much better, but not golden yet.

6.) Money-I'm doing really well on money. I'm saving money each month in a savings account and still have a lot of my paycheck left over. This is a good area in my life, lol and I have so little training in it.

At first, I was disappointed with where I was at. But then I realized that I have only lived here for one month. In that time, I have moved to a new state, pretty much bought a house on my own, gotten a job, met 300-400 people without even trying, preached the gospel to 15 people, kicked a video game addiction (God willing), begun working out again, and formed a youth led praise band (well, it's almost ready). I have plenty of faults, but the thing that makes me most happy just happened a few minutes ago.
I had made an on line friend through a game called World of Warcraft. It was just some guy that I would play with a lot and I wrote him an in-game letter (yes, the game has its own mail system) telling him that I was quitting video games. He sent me an email and I felt compelled to give him the gospel. I just felt like I needed to. so, I wrote him a long email where I laid out the gospel and pleaded with him to come to Christ for the forgiveness of sins. He sent back a quick and short reply which basically said, "I'm too tired, but I'll debunk your gospel tomorrow". When I saw that, I smiled and basically said, "Bring it on!" . I smile because God has trained me in this area more than any other.

I have plenty-o-problems in my life. Some big, some silly and small. But one thing God has done is He has made me an evangelist. Even when I get sucked into an addiction like video games, this gift overpowers that too! It has to be a spiritual gift. I can't wait for the guy to ask me more questions because that means we'll be talking about Jesus! Chances are, I've heard most of arguments he'll use, but that isn't really important. I'll be able to answer this guy's objections while always pointing him back to the cross. It also helps that right now, I'm listening to the new Muse album full of triumphant and epic music. I know that my life will be meaningful, even if I can't cook or get a wife. I can tell people about Jesus! Worth it

No comments:

Post a Comment