Friday, November 20, 2009

Mostly about garret

I have now had garret for a week and a half. It's been pretty interesting. I brought him home and promptly cleaned up his poop about 3 times. I quickly decided that I needed to get him litter trained asap. After some internet research, I discovered how to do that. See, ferrets like to do their business in corners, so I used up every corner in his cage. Bedding in one corner, food in another, water in the third, and litter box in the 4rth. After a few days, he had it down pat. So, with that in place, I kept improving his cage. I started off with this terrible purple bedding for him. It was in little pieces like when paper gets sent through the washer in your pocket. They got everywhere, so I vaccumed them all up and put a welcome mat down as his floor. Now, garret has a penthouse suite. There are two levels in his cage with three choices to sleep in. I also just ferret proofed my family room and have set up a way for him to walk right out of his cage into the room. So, now I can let him out more, since he's litter trained. I'm still having trouble with keeping him out from underneath the couches. Also, I've been putting this stuff in his water which is supposed to keep his waste from stinking. Well, it took one week to work. I'd come home from doing whatever and walk in to a great stinking house. Then one day, he just stopped stinking. It was great! I also fullfilled a life long dream and bought an ionic breeze. It covers any smell that sneaks through.

Switching now to youth group stuff, I started a series this week on how to study the Bible. This first week, we talked about how to study a narrative, or story passage of scripture. I gave em three steps for this:
1.) what does it say?
2.) What does it mean?
3.) what does it mean for you?

Next sunday, I think I'll talk about dialogue, or maybe the psalms/proverbs. We also had our first praise band practice on monday. We didn't do much playing, which was expected. We looked at what the band would look like, went over some logistics, and practiced setting up and tearing down the equipment. We won't actually be playing at youth group for several weeks, but I think we have a lot of potential. I'm working with two of the members personally too. One of em is just learning bass and the other just needs a little help on guitar. We should be able to sound really good, once we get up and running. Also, since I'm in charge of choosing weekly songs, I'll be sure to steer away from the fluff songs and to teach the youth why we sing what we do. Things are going well and we had a record 22 youth at the scene last sunday! We still have a long way to go, but everyone seems to be happy with the youth group.

No comments:

Post a Comment