Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving

I'm home for thanksgiving this week, so I have a lot of time to update le blog. It takes me 4 hours to get from Wheelersburg, OH to indiana. On this trip, I listened to all of the muse albums I have on my mp3 player. I also did not bring Garrett home with me. Garrett is really easy to take care of when I have a proper cage for him. However, moving the cage is not that easy. Plus, my parent's house is not very ferret friendly. So, I left him home and got a friend to ferret sit for me. I already miss him. I've also been thinking that I would get a second ferret. My cage is big enough for two (more like 4) and another ferret would be able to keep each other company while I'm gone.

Seeing as how it's thanksgiving, I think I'll list a few things I'm thankful for.

1.) My family. No ones family is perfect, but I don't have much to complain about at. We've never (at least from my perspective) felt in need of anything. I have good relationships with all my extended family and got to know my uncle (on my dads side) particularly well when I worked for him. Obviously, I had nothing to do with which family I was born into, so I have to tank God for that one.

2.) My health. In general, I've been pretty healthy throughout my life. In fact, when I had my tonsils removed, they grew back! I also have never had glasses, braces, or cavities. I know this has a lot more to do with my genes than my lifestyle, and once again, I can't affect my genes. So God gets the credit for keeping me healthy.

3.) My faith. I have no concept of what my life would be like if I wasn't a Christian. I wouldn't be living where I am now. I wouldn't have gone to a Christian college and I wouldn't have the same personality. Because of my faith, I have a deep rooted sense of joy and no longer fear death. And again, without the help of God the Holy Spirit, I wouldn't be a Christian. So, I have God to thank for Him drawing me to Himself.

4.) My new job/house. My new house is awesome. The sellers are so kind and my neighborhood is great. I got a great mortgage on my house and am saving a good amount of money. I don't have any college debt either which is really nice. Add to that my sweet new ferret and things are going great. The youth group is also going well and it seems like everyone is happy with the way the youth group is going. I think that this is all due to God helping me out and the training my parents gave me.

So, I am thankful to God. He is the giver of life and everything in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment